In what amounts to a rolling, episode long battle sequence, we are introduced to:
- A Murder Clown, who is torn apart by Yu.
- Two zombie girls, who immediately get killed by Queen.
- The old knight “Marshal Arts,” who disappears without explanation.
- A sad demon girl, who dies and comes back after a flash back.
- The Prince of Darkness, who is killed by Dragonkin-Maou.
While there were many puns sprinkled among the character names, and it was funny that the number of Satanists in the battle would imply 1/3 of the total city population was Satanists, this was not at all a good episode. Constant move-names and pointless character introductions get dull fast and Maou isn’t even in the first half of the episode.
I’m not sure what the writers were trying to accomplish this week but the result was barely watchable. Ouch!